Renewable fuels, like ethanol made from field corn, and biodiesel made from soybeans, reduce greenhouse gases and tailpipe emissions that warm the planet and are harmful for your health.
- Fuel up with ethanol and biodiesel! Learn about the right blend for your vehicle and find retailers near you at biodieselNE.com and .
- Celebrate at school. Biofuels touch on many areas of learning, including science, agriculture, technology, careers, public buildings, role playing, math and environmentalism.
- Enter our Renewable Fuels Month student contests!
- Share the Renewable Fuels Month press release, the , and other social posts from Nebraska biofuel organizations.
- Create social media posts or in-person events that educate about filling up with ethanol and biodiesel.
- Include information about Renewable Fuels Month in emails to parents or the community. Use the Renewable Fuels Month toolkit to help craft it.
- Hang this poster and/or this poster around the school.
- Ask students/employees to share these posters with their community connections.
- Tell your local chambers, city offices, fuel retailers, and other organizations you are participating and see how your community can collaborate!
- May 4: Gov. Jim Pillen declares May as Renewable Fuels Month
- May 8, 15, 22, and 29: Tune into our weekly Renewable Fuels Month segment on Pure Nebraska with John Vanderford. Watch 10/11’s Pure Nebraska live weekdays from 9-9:30 a.m. and Sundays at 7:30 a.m.
- May 17: Renewable Fuels Month classroom contest deadlines
Learn (how it’s made, where it’s made, how ethanol impacts Nebraska, etc.) and .